Client benefits of TISA 3DThe TISA 3D wireline tool will bring economic benefits to wireline service companies and their clients, the oil and gas exploration companies.
Wireline service companies
For the wireline service compagnies the TISA 3D tool can be used in an exploration environment as a wire line logging tool. TISA 3D tool can be used to map the structure of the reservoir meaning the extend, depth, angle and azimuth of faults and the top and bottom of reservoirs relative to the borehole.
The TISA 3D tool offers wireline service companies the following benefits:
- Deeper penetration of the radar pulse in the reservoir surrounding the borehole compared to standard wireline logging tools obtaining data meters away from the borehole.
- Estimation of the electric properties of the reservoir meters away from the borehole.
- Increasing the value of standard wireline logging measurements by being able to extrapolate these standard quantitative measurements into the reservoir in combination with the TISA 3D qualitative data.
- Obtaining a 3D structural image around the borehole determining the extend, depth, angle and azimuth of faults and the top and bottom of reservoirs relative to the borehole.
- 3D determination of the position of oil-gas-water contacts relative to the borehole meters into the reservoir thus increasing the accuracy in oil and gas volume in place estimations ˇ
- Determination of the reservoir quality meters into the reservoir where drilling mud has not invaded the reservoir pore space and cannot influence the data quality.
- TISA 3D data is especially powerful in determining the water saturation in carbonate reservoirs which is an important parameter for oil and gas in place volume estimations.
- No standard wireline logging measurements will be replaced by the TISA 3D measurements as these are quantitative measurements opposed to qualitative measurements from the TISA 3D tool which means that the turnover of a wireline logging job will increase with the value of the TISA 3D measurement.
Oil and gas exploration companies
For oil and gas exploration companies, the TISA 3D data has enormous value in expanding the results of the standard measurements acquired in the (direct vicinity of the) borehole wall meters deep into the reservoir. With the TISA 3D data, a 3D porosity, water saturation, resistivity and structural image of the reservoir can be obtained, which is an unprecedented improvement in 3D reservoir characterization. In undisturbed (not invaded by drilling mud) reservoir rock, parameters including reservoir quality, positioning of faults and positioning of top and bottom of the reservoir can now be determined meters away from the borehole.
The TISA 3D data will provide the reservoir engineers of oil and gas exploration companies with high quality 3D field reservoir data, which will provide them better insight in:
- The role which the reservoir faults play in the migration of the oil and gas in-situ
- Oil and gas volumes (reserves) present in the reservoir
- Compartmentalization of the reservoir (how do the faults divide the reservoir)
- Connectivity of the reservoir compartments
- Reservoir quality increase or decrease away from the borehole
- Positioning of the oil-gas-water contacts
- Positioning and well paths of the next wells
- Completion design of the (future) wells in order to produce the reservoir in the most effective way.
All of this data is used to build an accurate reservoir model which is used as a basis for a field development program.