TISA 3D applicationsThe versatility of the TISA 3D technique is demonstrated by three distinct applications in the E&P industry:
- Wireline logging: The tool performs wireline logging deeper into the surrounding formation. From the radar response the electric properties of the reservoir rock can be measured, providing a better estimation of the salinity and saturation of the water and the porosity and hydrocarbon content of the formation. As a wireline logging tool, TISA 3D can be applied in several geological situations. Read more >>
- Geosteering/MWD: TISA 3D is the only tool in the EM family with geosteering capacities. TISA 3D will guide drilling through thin pay zones at a fixed distance to the bounds of the reservoir or to adjacent boreholes as in a SAGD (Steam Activated Gravity Drainage) configuration. Read more >>
- Monitoring: In production phases of oil and gas fields, water and steam drives are used to improve production rates. TISA 3D is well suited to monitor the movement of the steam/waterfront in 3D. Due to superior repeatability of radar measurements, 4D/time-lapse monitoring of the production environment is done.
- 3D geometry of production environment is imaged
- 4D monitoring of production environment
The focus will primarily be on the development of a TISA 3D wireline logging tool, as this is by far the most powerful application of the technique in E&P, with the biggest market potential. After a successful market introduction of the TISA 3D wireline tool, we will proceed with the development of the TISA 3D Geosteering/MWD and Monitoring tools to expand the E&P market even further.